Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Adventure I didn't even know I was on.

Welcome. I have had an incline to do this for a while so here it goes. 12 years ago almost to the date I started a journey, a journey of finding healthy food that actually tasted good and was desirable to eat. 12 years ago my then fiance was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. I won't go into it to much because it is a long, drawn out explanation but I will say that it has been quite a journey. At the time of the diagnosis we decided that he would not undergo traditional treatments such as steroids and surgery but go down a different path, a path of healing foods. It is only now that I look back and realize how much I have learned about food, how it makes us feel and what to avoid. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist but I do have a thing or two to share with fellow moms who are trying to find a simple way to feed their children healthy food that they enjoy without breaking the bank. During this journey I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia and my son has a sensitivity to dairy. Needless to say our house is very sterile in regards to sugar, processed foods and anything artificial. If you are one that is looking to rid their kitchen of pretend food and get down and dirty with the basics this is the place. My goal is to present ideas, recipes and easy to follow steps to getting your family on the right track in healthy eating. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment